This weekend we will have our annual Blessing of the Backpacks, when we give thanks for all of the students, teachers, staff, and administrators in our FPCH family and beyond involved in education within our broader community, and then bless them as they begin the new school year. Because yes, this new school year begins in earnest next week.
However, I know the question everyone on everyone’s mind is what is happening at church this Fall?
Well, earlier this week, our Session met and spent the majority of its meeting discerning the answer to just that question. Five of the seven sitting members of Session, including myself, are parents of children within our Christian Education ministries. So these decisions were made not only as those who have been elected to find God’s path forward together, but also by those who have a very express interest in how we do so in joy and in safety.
It is, therefore, with great elation that I share our program outline for the Fall:
- Mark your calendars for World Communion Sunday, October 3rd when we begin our Fall Schedule!
- Sunday School and Worship will both be at 10:00 a.m.
- Worship will continue as it has been in these recent months, rotating between traditional and contemporary, with no masking requirements.
- Sunday School will be provided for Preschool – Grade 6, in three classes, and masks will be required for all students and teachers. This is at the request of both the parents and teachers.
- Nursery Care will be provided for children 2 and under from 9:45 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- JAM will be back in November & December for special events.
- Confirmation Class (Grades 7 & 8) will begin in early November.
Our hope is that this new schedule will encourage our whole FPCH family to return to our campus to be spiritually fed as we continue to see the wonderful future that God has in store for us.
Until October, we will continue in our summer worship schedule with worship at 9:30 a.m. – mainly so we can give the heat a few extra weeks to abate.
We look forward to seeing you this Sunday and in all the months that lay beyond!
Blessings, Pastor Janie